Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hotels

I realize I talk a lot about traveling lately, but that's life. With that said, can I just say how much I LOVE having someone make my bed everyday?! I mean, if I don't get to sleep in my own bed, at least I can enjoy the perks. Granted, I don't have a TV in my shower like some people I know, but I'll take what I get.

I've been staying in a hotel with a mini kitchen the last couple of weeks. There have been a couple of times I've been ambitious enough to go grocery shopping and actually use the facilities. And not only do they make the bed and give me clean towels but they also run my dishes in the dishwasher! This is the life!

I do have one complaint. They are all about saving resources these days, and I fully support that! But there are just some approaches I don't understand. They ask me to reuse my towel to save on soap and water resources, right? Most days I like to do my part and reduce/reuse/recycle. Although there are some days I just want a towel that smells like the downy bear even though I used a new towel the day before, don't hate me. BUT when I try to reuse my bar of soap to wash my hands they won't let me, they insist on giving me a newly wrapped bar every day. They don't even leave the old one to let me choose. If they want to save soap, how about leaving the bar that will last me the next 3 months and giving me a new towel?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Haha SO true! You should present your case to some hotel bigwig somewhere... change the world one bar of soap at a time.
Sounds like the hotel life does have its perks after all... but we still miss having you here!